Saturday, January 17, 2009

Meme "Award"

Wow...my very first blog award! Now I know that some folks are actually looking at this. Don't get too excited though, I'm not sure how I feel about this whole meme thing...

Here are the rules...The rules for the Honest Scrap award -


The honorees are to:


A) first list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!
B) pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.


Simple. Or not.

**************************************************************************************

1) I tend to be far more comfortable around men than around other women. I think that's part of why I enjoy gaming and ham radio and what not...most of my hobbies usually appeal more to men than to women. Or maybe I'm just still a tomboy at heart.

2) I spent a year as an over the road truck driver. I've been in all the continental 48 except for VT and ME. Taking a shower in a truck stop (which is free if you've filled up) is an interesting experience. I don't think I'd have been comfortable enough to do such a crazy thing (the truck driving, not the shower) without my husband...but I'd always wanted to try it when I was a kid. My dad used to drive truck and something about it struck me as romantic. I'll admit, getting paid to drive around and see the country is pretty cool, but it's also a hard life. I wouldn't give up that experience for anything, but I never want to do it again.

3) I don't have power surges. Forget that. I have effing hot flashes. And I'm proud of them...I consider them a badge of honor. The same with my gray hair, though for a different reason.

4) I am jealous of my son. There are so many opportunities now in education for kids that just weren't there when I was in school.

5) I wish I could take back the years and do college right. I seriously messed it up the first time around and just don't see that I'll ever have an opportunity to try again.

6) I still secretly enjoy the occasional bodice-ripper novel.

7) My favorite snack these days is chocolate pudding. I never used to buy it, but it's become a more attractive treat because neither my husband nor son will touch the stuff, so I can keep it all to myself.

8) When I grow up I want to be a meteorologist.

9) My teeth are like stars.

10) I really can't think of anything else that's terribly interesting about me to write about. I don't like writing me or my family. Kinda crazy that I have a blog, I suppose... but I keep stumbling on nifty stuff that I want to share with people, and this is the easiest way to do it. So, keep on coming back here if you're a fan of random "Oh, cool, look at that!" kind of stuff. But I think this is all the soul baring I'll be doing here.

My seven victims award winners should count themselves as lucky. I found this to be a somewhat painful experience and I won't inflict it on anyone I actually like. But if the meme appeals to you, feel free to nominate yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Locations of visitors to this page